Job Title – Counselling Psychologist – Qualified
Location – Birmingham, B9 4DY
Duration – Perm / Full-time
Salary – £38,000 – £42,000 per annum
Sector – Health and care
All applications to – email@example.com
Since its inception almost a decade ago, Changes UK has been developing and delivering innovative, person-centered support for people seeking abstinent recovery from drugs and/or alcohol. We are currently looking for a Counselling Psychologist to join our team in Birmingham.
You will play a lead role in an organisation that changes lives by providing effective and integrated services to clients at Changes UK. You will be delivering formulations, clinical assessments, counselling, psychological therapies and other related forms of assistance to clients. You will also be providing consultations for staff, parents, funding bodies and other agencies as well clinical and management supervision to relevant staff or trainees form professional training programmes.
As a Counselling Psychologist, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing expert evidence-based interventions to clients presenting to the service, both individually and in groups.
- Offering advice and consultation on the client’s care to the multi-disciplinary team using clinical formulation and reflective practice.
- Providing a drop-in service for clients and staff.
- Providing professional clinical assessments, formulations and making appropriate decisions regarding the potential course of action for clients.
- Providing clinical supervision and mentoring trainees from professional training programmes.
- Contributing to the development of strategies, policies and practices, which ensure a healthier learning and working environment for clients and staff.
- Reviewing and evaluating client work through clinical and management supervision in order to ensure competence, fitness to practice and to comply with professional standards.
- Taking responsibility for specific areas of service development and delivery in consultation with the Operations Manager and Care Services Manager.
- Participating in the training and development of staff involved in support and guidance.
- Working within the ethical framework of BPS and follow BPS guidelines for good practice.
- Pursuing continued professional development opportunities and actively participating in professional associations in order to maintain accreditation and also ensuring increased knowledge base, self-awareness and enhanced skills.
- Maintaining appropriate electronic and written records on clients, including session notes and records of contact with other relevant parties.
To be a successful Counselling Psychologist, you will have the following skills and experiences:
- To have a doctorate degree or equivalent in Counselling Psychology.
- To be registered with HCPC and accredited by BPS/BACP/BABCP/UKCP or equivalent or eligible for such accreditation.
- Previous post qualifying experience within an agency context or part of a defined network.
- Proven and comprehensive experience of working in a short-term/brief therapy model, clinical assessment and providing clinical supervision.
- The ability to work effectively with clients from diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
In return, a Psychologist will receive a salary of £38,000 – £42,000 per annum.
Please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter to PaigeHancox@Changesuk.org