Job Title – Qualified Finance Manager
Location – Birmingham, B9 4DY
Duration – Perm / Full-time
Salary – £35,000 – £38,000 per annum
Sector – Health and care
All applications to – email@example.com
Since its inception almost a decade ago, Changes UK has been developing and delivering innovative, person-centered support for people seeking abstinent recovery from drugs and/or alcohol. We are currently looking for a Qualified Finance Manager to join our team in Birmingham.
You will be responsible for controlling and improving the financial systems to prepare meaningful and timely financial information to senior staff and partnering with them in making strategic financial decisions.
As a Qualified Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and adhering to the reporting timetable including obtaining the buy-in of Chief Executive and Board.
- Preparing detailed departmental budgets, including P&L and cash flow forecasts at departmental level and balance sheet at corporate level.
- Preparing monthly management accounts against budgets with appropriate commentary.
- Preparing a rolling cash flow forecast (of at least 12m) at departmental and consolidated levels.
- Presenting financial information at Board meetings.
- Payroll & HMRC reporting.
- Closely liaising with Chief Executive and Operations Manager.
- Establishing and documenting accounting procedures and financial controls.
- Reviewing existing accounting policies and advising the Board on accounting policy options.
- Preparing VAT returns.
- Preparing information and analysis required for tax computations.
- Preparing Financial Statements in accordance with UK GAAP and adopted accounting policies.
- Liaising with auditors and tax advisers.
- Taking responsibility for data integrity and security.
- Driving efficiency improvements.
To be a successful Qualified Finance Manager, you will have the following skills and experiences:
- To be an ACA/ACCA qualified accountant or equivalent.
- High levels of integrity and trustworthiness.
- The ability to balance commercial awareness with the ethos of the organisation.
- The ability to build credibility with their team and others.
- To support and mentor colleagues in recovery.
- To be qualified (preferred) or PQ/QBE.
- Previous experience of not-for-profit sector (preferred) or considerable adaptability.
- Experience of Xero (or similar).
- Considerable experience/skill in MS office especially Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Board level presentation skills.
In return, a Finance Manager will receive a salary of £35,000 – £38,000 per annum.
Please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org