Job Title: Recovery Coach
Location: Recovery Central, Allcock Street, Birmingham and other Changes UK properties as required
Salary: Salary £19,000-£22,000 depending on experience
Accountable to: CareServices Manager
Closing Date: Monday 29th April
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Being responsible for Service User’s needs and communicating these needs to other staff and professionals involved.
- Writing review reports and other reports as necessary
- Being involved in review meetings concerning Service Users.
- Being involved in setting up and implementing personal care plans for Service Users.
- To be involved in the selection, assessment, and admission of new Service Users with the service manager.
- To help new Service Users settle into the service
- To be involved in developing groups for service users.
- Ensuring hand over sheets are up to date and complete.
The focus of all interventions for service users will be:
- To support service users to achieve and sustain full recovery
- To support desistance from crime, freedom from dependence and active citizenship
- To inspire healthier lives and wellbeing
- To provide effective coaching identifying and encouraging areas of strength, skill and opportunity for each mentee.
- To use evidenced based interventions based on best practice guidelines
- To contribute to the overall performance of the service to ensure that contractual output targets are achieved.
- To record and input client data and information in order that the service operates within contractual, administrative and financial requirements.
- To oversee support for service users by volunteers
- Develop and maintain excellent working links/partnerships with referring agencies
- Provide recovery check up’s to service users and early re-intervention work to ensure recovery is sustained or the harmful consequences of relapse are minimised.
- To facilitate groups and one to one’s with service users to discuss relevant issues regarding their recovery.
- To signpost service users to relevant agencies to ensure a comprehensive, individual support package is being provided.
- Helping Service Users with skill development inside and outside the Recovery Academy
- Listening to Service Users, including their feelings about any difficulties they may be having.
- Helping Service Users to make informed choices.
- Implementing personal care plans set out for Service Users.
- Communicating with other staff/volunteers about Service Users’ needs/activities.
Special conditions of service
37.5 hours per week. Role may require you to work occasional unsocial hours, on-call and some weekend duties.
Holiday entitlement: 24 days holiday per year plus statutory Bank Holidays.
To See Person Spec, See link below: