Job Title: Retail Manager, Small Changes Charity Shop
Location: Lyndon Road, Solihull
Duration: 37 hours per week
Salary: £22,000 per annum
A unique opportunity has opened to manage one of our retail shops, Small Changes based in Olton, Solihull. Small Changes was established over 4 years ago as a social enterprise re-selling a range of high quality donated children’s clothes, toys, and nursery items, both in the shop and on Facebook.
As a social enterprise the main purpose of the shop is to generate subsidiary income which contributes to the overall aim of Changes UK to provide rehabilitative services for those in our community struggling with addiction.
Small Changes has established a reputation for high quality merchandise, excellent customer care and has a strong following with the local community. The shop is known throughout the region as a place of connection and community.
You will have operational and financial responsibility for managing every aspect of the business including:
- Staff and volunteer recruitment and training.
- Costs & budgets.
- Stock control, range, price and display items.
This urgent position would suit a professional person with drive, energy, strong leadership skills and real passion for community and customer service. This is a fantastic role for the right individual who is looking to join a passionate team and make a difference in their community.
ROLE – CHARITY SHOP MANAGER
As the Charity Shop Manager, you will:
Manage all day-to-day operations running the shop including:
- Sorting donations and managing stock in the front and back of the shop.
- Ensuring the quality, range, and display of merchandise is executed in line with guidelines, quality is paramount.
- Manage and grow sales on Facebook. Our ambition is to sell as much online as we do in the shop.
Manage staff and volunteers including:
- Recruiting and building the volunteer team. Managing them as a motivated team of many talents.
- Preparing weekly rotas for volunteers and finding suitable replacements in cases of absence.
- Training and coaching.
Promote the shop by:
- Managing and growing relationships within the community.
- Promoting and engaging the shop within the local community.
- Growing the shops presence across social media platforms such as Facebook.
Manage the shop finances by:
- Managing costs and ensuring that sales budgets are met.
- Complete and submit weekly spreadsheet of sales to the Senior Management team.
You will also keep the shop, the customers and the staff safe by actively managing health and safety and also ensure all Changes UK policies and procedures are in place and adhered to.
What is needed for this role?
- Experience managing a professional retail shop, preferably a charity shop, but not essential.
- Experience managing a small team which includes volunteers.
- Excellent people, communication, leadership, and management skills.
- Ability to lead a motivated volunteer team and grow them with thorough skills training and coaching.
- A hands-on lead from the front approach and a keen eye for detail.
- A positive and outgoing personality and outlook.
- Ability to manage the shop finances accountably.
- IT literate – working with systems and processes.
HOURS AND ANNUAL LEAVE
37.5 hours per week, with the availability to work Saturdays
Holiday entitlement: 24 days per annum plus statutory Bank Holidays
- Previous managerial retail experience.
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Friendly personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attendance, punctuality, teamwork and communication skills and a can-do attitude.
Please send your application by the 20th July 2021 to Lizstatham@changesuk.org